Our Scientific Programme
The GIS Sociabilités/Sociability is a scientific interest group (groupement d'intérêt scientifique), an international partnership formed by academic and non-academic institutions in order to pool their skills and resources to implement a research programme on Sociability in the Long Eighteenth Century. History, models and transfers in European and Colonial Societies (1650-1850).
This interdisciplinary network aims to explore a variety of themes and questions at the heart of sociability studies. The main strands of its scientific programme are renewed every 3 years.
2017-2021 - Initial scientific programme:
- Strand 1 : History and Theories of Sociability
- Strand 2 : Models, Interactions and Networks
- Strand 3 : Cultural Transfers in European and Colonial Societies
2022-2026 - New scientific programme:
- Strand 1 : Sociability and Politicization
- Strand 2 : Food, Drink and Sociability
- Strand 3 : The Sociability of Things
- Strand 4 : Sociability and Travel
Download the detailed programme in pdf format